Treating Eating Disorders: Online CE Event
Saturday, April 24th, 2021, 1:00pm – 4:00pm
3.0 CE Credits
Working with eating disorders presents a complex and unique set of challenges for clinicians unfamiliar with this population. This course is designed for clinicians who are interested in gaining basic knowledge and understanding of working with clients with mild to severe eating disorders.
This CE is at the introductory level. Cancellations are subject to a $50 processing fee. Refunds will be given if an individual who has paid for the program notifies the WILA within 24 hours before the start of the program.
Upon completion of the program participants should be able to:
- Diagnose eating disorders
- Be aware of signs, symptoms, and consequences of eating disorders
- Understand varying levels of care
- Explore eating disorder behaviors/underlying causes with their clients
Dr. Lauren Moses is a clinical psychologist (PSY27895) in private practice in Santa Monica, CA where she specializes in the treatment of eating disorders and trauma. She underwent extensive training at USC Student Counseling Services, UCLA Staff and Faculty Counseling Center, UCLA Simms/Mann Center for Integrative Oncology and Wright Institute Los Angeles.
Dr. Moses has presented on a variety of topics including eating disorders, body image, and sexual assault. She also conducted research on the topic of residential treatment of clients with severe and enduring eating disorders.
Saturday, April 24th, 2021
1pm – 4pm
Online CE event via Zoom. Link to be provided once registration is confirmed.
- In order to receive full CE credit you must attend entire event. Instructions for signing in and out will be sent the day prior to event with zoom link reminder.
- Due to the confidentiality of the material presented, we request all attendees leave their video ON during the presentation so that we may monitor who is in attendance. Those with their video off will be removed from the meeting.
Feel free to park on your couch, or anywhere you feel comfortable.
Wright Institute Los Angeles is approved by the California Psychological Association, which is recognized by the California Board of Psychology (BOP) and the California Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) to sponsor continuing education for Psychologists, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists, and Licensed Clinical Social Workers. Wright Institute Los Angeles maintains responsibility for this program and its contents. Full attendance in addition to the completion of the appropriate evaluation form are required in order to receive CE credits. CPA OPD provider number WLA001.