Do you feel like you’re the only one struggling while others seem to thrive? Are you lonely and isolated from those around you? Do you want to learn new skills to connect to others with an open heart? Could you benefit from feedback about how others experience you? Would you like to build a community of people going through the same things you’re going through? Whatever your reason for seeking support, Group Therapy at Wright Institute Los Angeles can help.
What is Group Therapy?
Group therapy is unique because you and a small group of people struggling with similar issues get to meet with a therapist together. This provides an opportunity to not only share your experience, but to hear others’ as well. Group therapy is also a great way to receive gentle feedback in ways that individual therapy does not offer. Group therapy aims to reduce isolation and increase relatedness. Helping others is a powerful way to heal the self. Being part of a group therapy in Los Angeles can make you feel less alone and help you feel more connected to others in your city.
Is Group Therapy Right for You?
There are many reasons people seek out group therapy. Within a safe and supportive group setting, the therapist can observe the subtle ways in which people interact or relate to others. With individual therapy, this is not as easily accomplished as the therapist can only go into the client’s world without ever seeing another side of the situation.
Benefits of group therapy include:
- Provides extra support that individual therapy cannot
- Helps promote social skills
- More affordable than individual therapy
- Help you understand yourself better
What to Expect in Group Therapy
There are a variety of issues that can be right for group therapy. We can help you decide which weekly group is right for you during your free 15-minute phone consultation. WILA’s groups change depending on the needs of the multicultural communities we serve. The groups we currently provide address a diversity of issues that people struggle with.
Wright Institute Los Angeles offers a variety of groups, including:
Women’s Trauma Groups
If you are located in Los Angeles, CA or in adjacent areas: Westwood, Brentwood, Sawtelle, Culver City, Marina del Rey, Playa Vista, Venice, Santa Monica, Mid City, West Hollywood, Century City, Beverly Hills, Miracle Mile, and you’re looking for affordable group therapy, then Wright Institute Los Angeles could be a good fit.
Why Choose Wright Institute Los Angeles for Group Counseling:
- Fees are based on your actual financial situation
- An alternative for those who do not have adequate health insurance coverage for long-term help
- Easily accessible location near freeways and Metro station
- Flexible scheduling weekdays and evenings
- Diverse group of socially conscious and competent therapists
- Our approach focuses on a deep and dynamic understanding of how personal history impacts relationships with others
- Providing therapy to Los Angeles since 1974
- No arbitrary limits determine the number of sessions you are entitled to
- Our center was thoughtfully designed to be a beautiful, professional, and safe environment
How to Get Started
Please call us at (424) 371-5191 or you may get started online.
A WILA therapist will call to help you decide which low-cost therapy groups might be best for you. It’s our goal to help you find a good match in a therapist and type of service. There is no charge for this confidential conversation.
Wright Institute Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, nationality, ethnic origin or identity, or sexual or gender identity in the administration of its admissions and educational policies, scholarship awards, training programs, and clinical services. Learn more about what WILA stands for.