Do you feel sad or anxious a lot of the time? Are you confused about your next steps in life? Are you grieving the loss of someone important to you? Do you struggle to understand why you feel good for periods of time but always end up back in that familiar stuck place? Maybe you simply want to get to know yourself better? Whatever the reason, Individual Therapy at Wright Institute Los Angeles can help!
What Is Individual Therapy?
Individual therapy is the most common form of counseling. You’ll meet regularly one-on-one with a reliable and relatable therapist to explore your feelings, early life experiences, and any personal difficulties you are currently facing. Individual therapy is a unique process that can support you in the areas of your life where you feel stuck and increase your understanding of the way you engage with the world and with yourself. Our low-cost counseling in Los Angeles can assist you in developing insight into patterns creating difficulties in your life. Deeper self-knowledge promotes healing, self-esteem, professional development, and can help you move on from what’s been holding you back.
Is Individual Therapy Right for You?
People often ask themselves whether therapy is right for them. Sometimes others in our lives see the need before we do. At WILA, we believe it’s never too late – or too early – to get support. Here are some of the things that Individual Therapy can help you with:
- Transitions or life changes
- Grief and loss
- Low self-esteem
- Feeding or eating disorders
- Difficulty regulating emotions
- Struggles with interpersonal relationships
- Anger issues
- Financial stress
- Recovery from trauma
- Issues with sex and intimacy
- Working through a midlife crisis
- Thoughts of suicide or self-harm
- Job stress or academic struggles
- Overcoming codependency
- Recurring life issues that are difficult to change
- The need for a safe space to process difficult memories and life experiences
- A desire to work through underlying personal issues that have emerged from couples, group, or family therapy
What to Expect in Individual Therapy
At WILA, we believe the process of meeting weekly for 50 minutes with a therapist can provide tremendous support in one’s journey of self-reflection and understanding to developing better relationships with self and others. With a warm, empathic therapist you can begin to create goals together and work through internal and external conflicts. Wright Institute Los Angeles is one of the only low-cost counseling centers in Los Angeles that does not place limits on the number of sessions you are entitled to. This means you have the freedom to work through one specific problem or to stay in therapy long-term to explore deeper rooted issues – the choice is yours!
If you are located in Los Angeles, CA or in adjacent areas: Westwood, Brentwood, Sawtelle, Culver City, Marina del Rey, Playa Vista, Venice, Santa Monica, Mid City, West Hollywood, Century City, Beverly Hills, Miracle Mile, and you’re looking for affordable individual therapy, then the Wright Institute Los Angeles could be a good fit.
Why Choose Wright Institute Los Angeles for Individual Therapy:
- Fees are based on your actual financial situation
- An alternative for those who do not have adequate health insurance coverage for long-term help
- Easily accessible location near freeways and Metro station
- Flexible scheduling weekdays and evenings
- Diverse group of socially conscious and competent therapists
- Our approach focuses on a deep and dynamic understanding of how your personal history impacts you today
- Providing therapy to Los Angeles since 1974
- No arbitrary limits determine the number of sessions you are entitled to
- Our center was thoughtfully designed to be a beautiful, professional, and safe environment
How To Get Started
Please call us at (424) 371-5191 or you may get started online. A WILA therapist will call to help you decide which therapies might be best for you. It’s our goal to help you find a good match in a therapist and type of service. There is no charge for this confidential conversation.
Wright Institute Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, nationality, ethnic origin or identity, or sexual or gender identity in the administration of its admissions and educational policies, scholarship awards, training programs, and clinical services. Learn more about what WILA stands for.